Friday 27 February 2009

Week 8 - a loaf and a half


I am now at the half way point in both my marathon training and fundraising and everything is just about on track, having clocked up 270 training miles already (just another 270 to go!) and nearly £1,000 in sponsorship. 

A big thank you to Ste, Will, Eliot and Emily who all sponsored me this week after I set up a facebook group to drum up support. I've also got a poster and collection tin in the gym at fitness first so hopefully that will help raise funds too.

Ben has been back in Leeds this week after his operation and is on the road to recovery so that is positive. I popped round to visit on Tuesday which also happened to be pancake day (yum!) and Friday night for a Sunday roast, squeezing in a few 10k's and a couple of gym sessions during the week to burn it all off.

Today I'm playing in a cup semi-final for Crossgates WMC before running a half-marathon at race pace tomorrow so I was more than grateful for the homemade loaf of bread my dad made for me last night to keep me going (see pic)!

23rd Feb - 1st Mar
Mon: Rest
Tues: AM: 55 mins steady (10 km)
Wed: AM: gym 1 hr PM: 45 mins quick (10 km)
Thurs: AM: gym 1 hr 
Fri: AM:  60 mins steady (12 km)
Sat: Football (semi-final)
Sun: half marathon at race pace (21 km)
Weekly total: 53 km - training total: 431 km

No comments: