Sunday 8 February 2009

Week 5 - bad news, bad weather

We had some really bad news today as we found out that Ben is in hospital in Dundee with a suspected broken leg after falling on Saturday afternoon so we're just waiting to find out if he is OK and when we can bring him down to Leeds to recover.

This week's training plan had to be revised due to the large amounts of snow that brought most of the country to a standstill. I waited until Tuesday night before braving the conditions but quickly realised it wasn't too bad running in the snow. It also meant that football was off again on Saturday so I did my long run early - running to Bramham and back for my first 18 miler! This time I had a couple of drink stops and felt pretty good throughout. Due to my training plan constantly changing, I am now going to update it at the end of the week rather than at the beginning.
2nd - 8th Feb
Mon: PM: 1.5 hrs gym
Tues: AM: gym 1 hr - PM: 60 mins steady (12 km)
Wed: Rest
Thurs: AM: gym 1.5 hrs PM: 60 mins steady (12 km)
Fri: AM: 50 mins steady (10 km)
Sat: 2 hrs 20 mins steady (29 km)
Sun: 60 mins steady (10 km)

Weekly total: 73 km - training total: 284 km

No comments: