Sunday 15 March 2009

Week 10 - staying the course


I have been busy again this week, running my own charity bookies at work to raise over 100 quid for Comic Relief and get everyone excited about the Cheltenham Festival (one of our clients is a leading bookmaker so it is classed as important research!) The most successful punter over the 4-day festival won a bottle of champagne and the coveted TBH Top Cheltenham Tipster trophy (see picture - it's a thing of rare beauty).

Running wise, it was pretty hard work, especially Sunday's 20-miler with a dodgy stomach (my apologies to Tesco on Roundhay Road and the Streets of Leeds pub). Thanks to Smig for donating his camel pack to me over the weekend, I found it to be easier to carry than the bottle belt (will put a picture up next week). I also managed to stay away from the booze (apart from a solitary glass of wine on Saturday night) despite another disappointing defeat at football but we will hopefully bounce back next week.

9th - 15th March
Mon: PM: 1.5 hrs gym
Tues: AM: 50 mins steady (10 km)
Wed: PM: gym 1 hr 
Thurs: AM: gym 1 hr PM: 70 mins varied pace (13.5 km)
Fri: AM: 50 mins steady (9.5 km)
Sat: Football 
Sun: 2 hrs 50 mins (32 km)
Weekly total: 65 km - training total: 553 km

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've seen that trophy somewhere before.