Sunday 4 January 2009

Week 1 - Getting started

Hi again and a happy New Year to everyone. It is now time to start my 16 week training plan which has been adapted to accommodate the gym and Saturday football for Cross Gates Working Men's Club FC www.crossgateswmc.com 

During the week I will be doing all my running before work so will be in for some early starts (though as a self-confessed gym-addict I'm quite used to it by now) and the distance and intensity will obviously increase week-by-week so the first week doesn't look too daunting: 

5th - 11th Jan 
Mon: 45 mins steady run (12 km) + 1.5 hrs gym
Tues: 1.5 hrs gym
Wed: 60 minutes varied pace (12 km)
Thurs: rest
Fri: 60 mins steady run (12 km) + 1 hr gym
Sat: 90 minutes steady run (18 km)
Sun: Rest
Total: 54 km

To sponsor me, visit http://www.justgiving.com/nick 09 and check back next week to see what's in store for week 2...

No comments: