Sunday 5 April 2009

Week 13 - end in sight



Only three weeks to go now until the big day and I'm starting to really look forward to it. I received another pack from the MS Society explaining about the facilities on race day and a funky orange sweatband (see picture).

Training wise, the only problem has been a niggling knee injury which I picked up at football training last week and can be quite painful when I'm running. This meant I needed an extra days' rest on Tuesday and couldn't do as much as I would have liked later in the week, though I did enjoy legging it round the woods at Temple Newsam on Friday which is more enjoyable than just pounding the roads for miles on end.

I also fell off the wagon on Saturday night as my mate Jamie was back from travelling for a couple of nights and all the boys were out so I couldn't resist. My running mate Gav was on top form telling everyone his marathon stories. My favourite one was when he had a really bad hangover before the Leeds marathon and it took him four and a half hours. He had to have a sit down for twenty minutes after 18 miles and a chat with the St John's ambulance crew. This is from a man who has a personal best of 3 hrs and 5 minutes so I definitely won't be drinking anywhere near race day!

30th March - 5th April
Mon: Rest 
Tues:  Rest 
Wed: AM: gym 1.5 hrs PM: Football training
Thurs: AM: gym 1.5 hrs PM: 50 mins steady (10 km)
Fri: AM: gym 1 hr PM: 1 hr 15 mins off road (13 km)
Sat: Football
Sun: 50 mins steady (10 km)

Weekly total: 33 km - training total: 685 km

No comments: